Monday, November 15, 2010

In the beginning

Ever since I was first aware of Lada Nivas, I have wanted one.  I'm not sure exactly why I was so enthused with them, however I had to have one.  Perhaps it was the boxy lines, or the utilitarian design without bells and whistles.  Whenever one drove by, I would make a point of making sure everyone I knew was aware of it.  In October 2006 my prayers where answered.  One of the several Lada Nivas I kept tabs on in the city came up for sale.  I had to have it.  I have been driving it daily ever since.  Mechanically, it works great.  However, from day one I have talked about how it needs body work.  Well the time has come for me to put the old girl away and rebuild her from the ground up. I am a licensed auto mechanic, so hopefully this will go pretty well.  Over the next few months, I will be disassembling my Lada.  I will keep posting regularly, with updates on the tear down.  For now, here are some pics I took in the fall of 07. 





No comments:

Post a Comment